First Floor, Stamp Student Union - DIFFERENT EMPLOYERS EACH DAY
February 21 – 23 • 12:00pm – 5:00pm
The largest fair of the spring is next week! Due to the economy, the hiring outlook nationwide is still challenging. Take advantage of an opportunity to meet potential employers who are still hiring for full-time, part-time, and internship positions before it's too late! No pre-registration is required; however, we do ask that you bring your student ID and dress to impress (interview style)!
WHAT KINDS OF EMPLOYERS ARE COMING?
Over three days you will find 212 employers hiring for non-technical positions and 202 employers looking to fill technical positions. These include 104 employers who are looking to hire for BOTH types of positions.
Some of the employers attending the fair that students in the ARHU can look forward to include:
* American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research (AEI)
* Centric Business Systems
* Education Week
* FedBid, Inc.
* Gilfus Education Group
* International Christian Concern
* Liberty Mutual Insurance Group
* Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA)
* Millennial Media
* National Security Agency (NSA)
* Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
* Peace Corps
* Smithsonian's National Museum of American History
* T. Rowe Price
* UN Association of the National Capital Area
* United Service Organizations (USO)
* US Department of State
* Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
* Y of Central Maryland
* US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
* Consolidated Graphics
* Cvent, Inc.
* and many more!
Check out ALL the employers and which days they will be attending the Fair at www.Careers.umd.edu/page.cfm?page_id=135<http://www.Careers.umd.edu/page.cfm?page_id=135>. (You can filter by non-technical and technical positions as well.)
ARE YOU PREPARED FOR THE FAIR?
* Attend the "Walk-in Resume Critique in the Union – co-sponsored by Northwestern Mutual" on Monday, February 20, 2012, from 11:30am - 2:30pm in the Baltimore Room, SSU, and bring your resume!
ADDITIONAL NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES NEXT WEEK This year we will have two additional networking opportunities occurring concurrently with the Spring Career & Internship Fair:
* Environmental and Sustainability Career & Internship Fair 2012
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 • 11:00am - 3:00pm
Location: Colony Ballroom - Stamp Student Union http://www.careers.umd.edu/events_description.cfm?event_id=2620
* Maryland Metropolitan Education Expo 2012
Thursday, February 23, 2012 • 09:00am - 3:00pm
Location: Colony Ballroom - Stamp Student Union
Kate A. Juhl
University Career Center & The President’s Promise 3100 Hornbake Library, South Wing University of Maryland College Park, MD 20742