Giving to Maryland English

Interested in donating to Maryland English?

Ways to Give
Frequently Asked Questions

Ways to Give

Give On-line by Credit Card

Make a donation to the department on-line

  • At step three on the online giving form, the website will ask you to  assign your donation to a school or fund. Search for the "Department of English Gift Fund" and select us as the beneficiary of your gift!
  • After donating please e-mail Kevin Remmell,, to let us know how you'd like the gift to be used, e.g., for undergraduate studies, for graduate studies, to benefit the Center for Literary and Comparative Studies, etc.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is my gift tax-deductible?
Gifts and pledges are tax-deductible. Gifts are managed by the University of Maryland College Park Foundation, which will mail receipts for all contributions it receives.

May I make a gift and spread it out over a period of time?
Gifts of $5,000 or more may be pledged up front and paid over a maximum five-year term.

May I make a gift to recognize or memorialize someone?
Yes, you can make your gift in recognition of a special loved one, friend, colleague, etc. or to memorialize someone who is no longer with us. You are able to memorialize a loved one in perpetuity by establishing an endowed fund such as a scholarship or professorship.

Who can I contact if I have questions?
Please contact our Director of Operations, Kevin Remmell, at or 301-405-3808.